Monday, April 23, 2012

Had a great weekend with friends.  On Saturday, a friend and I went to a Women's Expo.  I had been anticipating it since I had won the tickets.  I was not disappointed.   It was a memorable day. I think we went to nearly every booth and we signed up for countless prizes.  One booth had all jewelry for $5 or less.  This included earring and necklace sets.  What a bargain. I walked away with three sets!  Naturally, we tasted all the samples which ranged from flavored popcorn to all kinds of salsa.  I had never tried raspberry salsa before.  However, my friend assured me it tasted great over chicken.  I'll have to take her word for it because I don't think I will be trying it any time soon.  

On Sunday, I joined another friend at a bingo fundraiser after church. I never knew there were so any ways to play bingo!  L, T, 4 corners, small frame, etc.  I was really hoping to win a Vera Bradley tote.  Unfortunately, I didn't win anything but I enjoyed the time making new friends.  Plus, my money went for scholarships for local students.  A win win.

They were great ways to spend the weekend with it being so cold and windy.  In my defense, I did attempt to do some weeding. 

No comments: