Friday, February 17, 2012

Soon-to-be published!

Woo hoo!  I was offered the opportunity to submit an article to a family magazine.  Battling nervousness, I forged ahead.  Ironically, the monthly issue I am submitting an article for is about gardening.   Hmmmm...I have been known to kill air ferns.  I just don't have a green thumb like my husband.  Thankfully, he knows what he is doing and carries out my ideas.  Using my crafting and design skills with his gardening abilities we have created an English garden which produces abundant colors and fragrances through the summer.

I prayed and got the idea to write an article on "Growing Your Creativity", sharing inexpensive craft ideas using items found around the yard and house.  I explained that the lack of gardening skills doesn't mean one has to hire someone or have to spend a lot.  I lost count of how many times I tweaked the article.  Finally, I sent it in.  Within a day or two, I got a reply back that they loved it.  Whew!  I was thrilled to say the least.  It will appear in the May/June issue and I can hardly wait.  Life is good!

No comments: