Monday, September 22, 2008

On my nightstand...

As usual, I am reading several books at one time. It just depends on the mood I am in and the time I have to give to it. I have included a description of each. Check them out for yourself! Bon Appetite!

Here's what is on my nightstand...

Daily Life in the United States-1920-1940. It's about how Americans lived through the roaring twenties and the great depression. A little ironic right now with the economic challenges going on right now in the nation. Maybe each member of Congress should have a copy of this. It has been really interesting. I have found numerous references to Indiana in it and that has made it more personal.

Self Talk, Soul Talk-What to say when you talk to yourself. Great book! It's surprising how much we all talk down to ourselves. Also, surprising is how the world and ourselves find it acceptable. It has been a real eye-opener. It walks you into your "thought closet". It helps you get rid of unproductive, destructive and negative thoughts and self talk. The author demonstrates how important it is to "talk nice" to ourselves.

Live Makeovers-I am doing this with a relative over the phone and the internet. You can do a chapter a week with action challenges and journaling involved. It really makes you think about yourself in a new light as well as "finding yourself" in this demanding world. Many women tend to "lose" themselves while meeting the demands of their families until one day they find themselves asking, "Who am I?" This book helps to clean up the clutter in your life, reconnect with yourself, strengthen your character, and to remold your life.

No comments: