Saturday, September 13, 2008

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

Wow! Definitely, my faith is being tested.

Mike came home on Wednesday announcing he was laid off. Not the best of news. We went into "work mode" and "prayer mode", making a list of contacts, steps to take (union hall, unemployment, etc.)as well as praying for favor, wisdom and peace.

We stayed up late Wednesday night working on his resume and surfing for jobs.

Right now is the time construction projects are winding down for the season. So, it will be definitely God who gets the job for Mike. In the meantime, we are doing our part and giving God something to work with. Mike is getting his truck up to par. He has sent in his resume, gone to different companies and spoken to them one-on-one.

Fear has tried to creep in, but God has been faithful.

Work, politics and the KLA project are keeping my mind off the situation. A lot is going on. I wrote a press release for the grand opening of the Republican headquarters which should be soon. I have also kept busy researching for political news on the web. In addition, I have done some work on the splash pad project.

There are projects around the house, as well as some drywall jobs for Mike to do. The song, "Great is His Faithfulness" wells up in my heart and reminds me that we are not in this alone and that the battlefield is in the mind.

I believe the next job will be another stepping stone to what God has planned for Mike's life. Buckle up for the ride of your life!

No comments: