Friday, September 5, 2008

new year, new job, new vision

Wow! It's hard to believe it's been over six months since I blogged. I have had my typical comic relief moments...wearing blue socks with black pants to my first board meeting, walking in the wrong door (Not my fault! My key worked!), being the victim of a practical joke in which I opened a door and the alarm went off (Boy were people scurrying.), and embarrassing slips of the tongue. You know, the usual. I am still here and loving it. I like the people I am working with and love my job at the library. Good bosses, good company and good reading material at my fingertips. A winning combination.


It's also been a year of stretcccchhhhing. I have had to learn a number of software programs, take classes, learn how to write grants, take on unexpected reponsibilities, hone writing and editorial skills, been selected to be a part of the Kosciusko Leadership Academy and speak to crowds of people on the library's behalf. I have been learning to walk in a peace that defies understanding. God has been faithful.

I have been politically active more this year than in the past few years. I started a Meetup organizational group for a presidential candidate who later dropped out. What was really cool was getting people involved in politics who had never been involved before. Several even went to the Republican State Convention along with me. It makes one feel good to believe one has made a difference. Now several of them are setting up a Republican headquarters for this election and getting active on the local level.

There's been change at home also. Due to a power washing, the house is getting painted from yellow with white trim to carmel with tan trim. The window frames are done and the body is next. I've even changed the interior from French country to contemporary. It's new, it's different and looks good.

I am getting a new office area next week and it should be interesting to see how it all fits. There's even more change. Mike announced yesterday that he got laid off from work. Ugh! But God has given me peace about it. Never a dull moment around here. In my "spare" time, I am reading a book in partnership with my cousin,Dianne. You read a chapter and then are given "homework". I will be a new woman by the end of this year. I feel an excitement already.

I tried new things this year. For our anniversary, Mike and I went to Chicago. We ate one meal while a Jazz band entertained us. We also went sailboating on Lake Michigan. (I want a sailboat so bad, but not room to store it.) We even attended an interactive dinner theatre. Lots of fun over the weekend including two flea markets. I had trouble walking the next day but I got a tan!

So much has been experienced and there is still four months to go! Drop by and see the exciting adventures God has in store for me,a roller coaster ride with thrills, chills and hopefully no spills.

No comments: