Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I am The Photographer...

Yes. I am the family photographer. You know, the one that people run away from or hide from at family events? Love me or avoid me, but somehow I will get your picture to preserve family memories. Years later, as you look through photographs of cherished times, you will appreciate me. And believe it or not, I have had people seeking me out, pleading for me to take a picture.

I think I have always been the family photographer, starting in 4-H. There's just something about finding the right angle to catch that one-of-a-kind moment, that Kodak moment is what I call it. Currently, I have a Canon Powershot. I love that camera! I have had it for years and it gives me great photos. Although recently, I have found myself salivating over some of the newer models. 12 megapixels and 15 x optical view! (Calm down, Kathy!)

I've experimented leaving my camera behind when I 've gone to events. And guess what? Every time someone has come up to me and asked accusingly where my camera was. They had left their's at home because they knew I would be bringing mine. Go figure.

So, until someone else wants to take the heat, I am the unofficial family photographer on the prowl for those candid shots that you will beg for in the years to come.

No comments: